Whether you have a great app or a good idea, mobile startups need solid advice to map out winning strategies and build a serious business. This is why this year’s ForumOxford (taking place this Friday — November 23 —in Oxford, U.K.) is sharply focused on providing attendees the tools and insights they need to take their ventures to the next level.
The one-day event (priced at GBP250 for MobileGroove readers) brings together a balanced mix of subject matter experts and successful entrepreneurs for a day of casual networking and brainstorming. Attendees will have ample opportunity to connect one-on-one and discuss how they should seek VC funding, tackle legal issues and build a business perfectly matched to mobile megatrends just crossing the chasm.
Real mobile insights
Why attend ForumOxford? Here are 5 reasons why you can’t miss it!
- Learn how to take your ideas from concept to execution.
- Network opportunities across the ForumOxford ecosystem – technologists, operators, investment experts.
- Learn about new funding models (Crowdfunding).
- Understand how start-up accounting is different.
- Become a part of the ForumOxford ecosystem.
But perhaps the most original reason comes from @HanTot who tweeted:
I am thrilled to be a premiere media partner for this event. In addition to moderating the session looking at the ‘fiscal cliff facing startups’, I will also be on hand to conduct video interviews with speakers and attendees. If you want to catch up or meet up, then email me (email@example.com) or DM me (@peggyanne) to connect during the event.
In the run up to this event I have conducted video interviews with Tony Fish, Entrepreneur and Strategic Thinker, AMF Ventures, and Torsten Stauch, Co-Founder and CEO, AppShed, to find out more about the business models (crowdfunding) and approaches (freemium meets open innovation) startups should embrace — before they run out of cash.
Unlike many large, impersonal conferences, ForumOxford is highly interactive and promotes open communication between participants and speakers. Organizers expect in the range of 70 – 100 participants. You can register by click the link below, and MobileGroove readers receive a discount.
Discount online registration is at – https://www.conted.ox.ac.uk/account/registration/index.php?id=O11C755H6Y
The event is designed with ample Q&A time and opportunities for further discussions of the conference topics during breaks, over lunch and at the early evening drinks reception.
- Svetlana Grant, Director of Smart Cities, Connected Living Programme, GSMA
Presentation: The Future of Mobile: Innovating for Connected Living
- Simon Dixon, CEO, Bank to the Future
Presentation: Mobile start ups and raising the funding you need
- Dan Appelquist, Head of Product Management for BlueVia, Telefónica Digital
- Margaret Gold, Chief Marketing Officer, Ether Books
Presentation: How Mobile is disrupting the Publishing Industry
- Torsten Stauch, Co-Founder and CEO, AppShed
Presentation: My journey as an Entrepreneur
- Andrew Griffin, Investor Relations, Monitise
Presentation: Building a UK mobile tech company whose biggest competitors are its clients
- Neil Driver, Partner for Davis Grant LLP
Presentation: Seven “must do” financial foundations
- Dr Andrew Eliasz, Director, First Technology Transfer
Presentation: Interfacing a Raspberry Pi to a 3D – “Why would you want to do it and how?”
***Panel discussion ***
- Russell Buckley, (Founder of AdMob which is now Google AdMob), MobHappy
Presentation: Start ups and funding
- Tony Fish, Entrepreneur and Strategic Thinker, AMF Ventures
Presentation: Mobile and Funding – What is the best way to find your backers
- Muriel Devilliers, Founder- Managing Director, LUMU Invest
Presentation: The long and winding road of a woman in Tech
- Jouko Ahvenainen, Entrepreneur, Investor, Founder, Grow VC Group
Presentation: T Start ups and funding
- Aditya Jaokar
Presentation: Feynlabs & Concepts of Programming Language for Kids
- Rudy de Waele, Mobile Strategist, Business Angel and Appreneur
Presentation: Mobile Opportunities in Africa – Engaging With The Next Billion
- Fabian Stelzer, Co-Founder and CMO, EyeQuant
Presentation: The Attention Age – Designing Apps and Devices for the Brain’s Bottleneck
- Prof Khalid Al-Begain, Professor of Mobile Computing and Networking, University of Glamorgan, and Glamex Security Ltd
- Tomi Ahonen, Communities Dominate Brands
Presentation: Augmented reality as the next mass media/Conference summary
No sales pitches – this is a conference for presentations, questions, answers, interactions and discussions
Hope to see you there!
Conference webpage at – www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/H600-22