During the Internet World 2012 mobile conference in London, investors were split down the middle when asked if they would invest more in mobile (rather than online and traditional media) to reach sports fans and enthusiasts.
- The straw poll of 100 attendees at the show conducted by affilinet found that 65 percent of respondents felt mobile, online and offline would play a major role in their marketing outreach.
- However, many respondents have not yet taken the critical first step. Two-thirds of those surveyed said they have yet to optimize their website for mobile browsing.
- SOURCE: http://www.gomonews.com/internet-world-attendees-survey-show-ambiguous-attitude-towards-mobile/
Research firm eMarketer estimates nearly 116 million Americans will use a smartphone at least monthly by the end of this year, up from 93.1 million in 2011
- By 2013, this new smartphone class will represent over half of all mobile phone users, and by 2016, nearly three in five consumers will have a Smartphone. The smartphone class is not defined by age, gender, income or race. Instead it is defined by its members’ shared behaviors. Understanding the common behavioral traits that unite the class makes members easy to recognize and underscores the influence this class of consumers is having on how Americans communicate, consume media and shop.
- The full report, “The Smartphone Class: Connected Consumers Transform US Commerce and Culture,” also answers these key questions:
- Who is part of the smartphone class?
- What insights do their behaviors provide? — and
- What marketing opportunities exist around this class of consumers?
- SOURCE: http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?R=1009014&ecid=a6506033675d47f881651943c21c5ed4
Motorola Solutions has recently produced a survey identifying the future trends for the retail sector.
- 66 percent of retail respondents are interested in mobile Point-Of-Sale (POS), while 42 percent are currently piloting or starting trails within the next 36 months.
- Many retailers such as Bass Pro, Sephora and Eastern Mountain Sports have already turned to mobile POS, with a view to improving the quality of customer service and increase consumer loyalty.
- SOURCE: http://asterisk.tmcnet.com/news/2012/04/30/6282548.htm
Independent mobile advertising network InMobi has released its Quarterly Mobile Insights Report: UK Edition, which covers the period from January to March 2012. Among the findings:
- Mobile impressions on its U.K. network increased to 9.5 billion per quarter in 90 days.
- The top three handsets in Q1 2012 were Apple devices, which made up almost half (46 percent) of total handset impressions.
- SOURCE: www.inmobi.com/research
BuzzCity has also issued its latest quarterly report on the current trends it sees across its ad network. Specifically, it documents the global growth and adoption of smartphones.
- Countries where mobile smartphone adoption is on an upward curve include the U.K., South Africa and Nigeria.
- In total smartphones now account for more than 32 percent of all the phones models that that ads are served to across the BuzzCity mobile ad network
- SOURCE: http://www.buzzcity.com/l/reports/The-BuzzCity-Report-Vol-2-Issue-2.pdf
MobileGroove has partnered with éclat Marketing — a company that has consistently delivered breakthrough PR campaigns based on a deep understanding of developments impacting mobile, technology, and our society at all levels — to bring you Mobile Data Points. This regular feature, which will highlight the mobile reports and insights you need to know to plan and run your business, is curated by Sophie Young, a member of the éclat team who has a passion for mobile trends, apps and her BlackBerry. If you have a report or survey you think should be included in this regular roundup, then reach out to Sophie directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter (@PheeYoung).